Region 1 February 21
Students must be aware of and adhere to these deadlines in order to participate.
Registration is a two-step process. It involves registration of the participants with the NCSEF Registration Chairman, Patsy Wilson, and approval of the project design and implementation with the NCSEF Scientific Review Committee, chaired by Rachel Graham.
Science Fair in a Box (SFIAB).
1. Mail the signature page, ALL required ISEF and NCSEF forms, a check for $10.00 per person, and any additional payment for t-shirts ($8), lunches ($8) or pins ($3) to:
c/o Patsy Wilson
140 Lyn Rd
Salisbury, NC, 28147
2. Upload pdf scans of all of the individual documents and forms online at the site provided in the registration information given to you by the regional director and found in the registration steps in ncsef.sfiab.com.
3. Submit pdf scans of all documents as in #2 but mail in completed Participant Registration Form from ncsef.sfiab.com and fees to the address listed above.
1. ALL required project paperwork for each student/team that qualifies as a finalist to NCSEF must be sent in ONE of the following ways:
A. Mail copies of paperwork to Patsy Wilson at the address above.
B. Scan all forms into pdf documents (not a jpeg) and upload online at the site provided in the registration information given to you by the regional director and found in the registration steps in ncsef.sfiab.com.
Please note: If uploading, please use this naming convention for the files sent: Student Last Name-Region Number (1, 2, 3A, 3B, 4, 5, 6A, 6B, 7, or 8) and Form #.
3. A completed Form 1 will indicate any additional forms that may be required, such as Human Subjects, Risk Assessment, Vertebrate Animals, etc. These must be part of the project paperwork submitted to the NCSEF SRC. A list of forms and requirements can be found at: http://ncsciencefair.org/index.php/students-a-parents/forms.
4. Carefully check all forms for completeness and accuracy paying close attention to signatures and dates. NOTE: Some signatures are needed before experimentation begins..
5. Abstracts must be submitted on an Official Abstract Form.
6. Students need to keep originals of all paperwork and bring it with them to NCSEF whether they mailed forms or uploaded forms.
7. SRC communication regarding the completeness of the project will be conducted through the email provided on forms and registration. Most projects do require more documentation before final approval can be given, so students should check email to ensure that any needs are dealt with in a timely manner.
Projects are not officially accepted to NCSEF and registration is not complete until all materials are received. Students will receive two emails indicating their progress through the registration process.
1. SFIAB will auto-generate an email indicating the online registration is complete and paperwork has been received.